Blinds are the most used shading device at home. It is very famous for its easy mechanism and easy to clean features. Blinds are composed of thin sheets of metal, wood or vinyl that are put together by string. The sheets or sometimes called as vanes can be opened or closed with a single turn of a rod attached to the upper bar. Blinds can also be pulled up to allow more light to pass through.
Levolor blinds are commonly made up of wood, vinyl and wood. They also have blinds that use cloth instead of any material. This blind uses the roman folding style while the other blinds use the traditional pull-up folding style.
Levolon has individual cleaning suggestions to be done for every blind type. The cleaning suggestion depends on the material used for the blind. Check out for the following for the cleaning tips.
For Premium Hardwood:
• The blinds made up of hard wood can look best when cleaned always by means of wiping it with a dusting mitt, a soft cloth or a brush that is commonly attached to a vacuum cleaner. Blinds can easily accumulate dust especially when windows are often open.
• When cleaning premium hardwood blinds, you do not need to bring them down. You may do the cleaning while the blind is hanging in its place. However, if you cannot fully clean it while it is hanged, you may bring it down to clean it. Just take note that removing the blinds would require a little extra effort.
• When cleaning, tilt the slat a little to clean its top surfaces.
• Never use any liquid cleaner even water. Premium hardwood blinds maybe damaged by using such cleaning agents.
For Natural Shades:
• You can clean natural shades by constantly vacuuming it with a brush. Cloth is major dust accumulator and dust can not be easily removed by stroking a brush in it. Vacuum are best solution for that.
• Use water in cleaning only if necessary. Cleaning agents may lose the color of the shade or even damage it.
• Cellular shades can be cleaned with water. However, the water must be lukewarm and is used with a sponge.
For Aluminum Blinds:
• You can use water in cleaning levolor aluminum blinds. Just make sure that the water is not mixed with concentrated cleaning agents that may cause shrinkage or color damage.
• Like wood blinds, you can also clean it whether hanged or not.